- Describe your process for debugging an app that isn’t working correctly.
- What are some specific advantages and disadvantages of both Android and iOS?
- TextView Justification in Android
- How will maintenance of the app work?
- What do you understand by category? When is it used?
- How is volatility achieved in Swift and Objective-c?
You’ll do far more than offer exceptional answers to the senior iOS developer questions; you’ll come across as the consummate professional throughout the experience, and that can make all of the difference. For example, discuss any professional organizations you’re a member of, including any newsletters, conferences, webinars, and other methods they use to provide members with relevant information. Talking about iOS development publications that discuss current issues or emerging trends is another wise option, as is mentioning any social media activities that help you remain connected to news or thought leaders.
- However, if you have already given an iOS interview, or have more questions, we encourage you to add them in the comments tab below.
- If they seem more competitive or individualistic, explain that you prefer a more challenging work environment where you can use your skills to solve problems on your own.
- Alternatively, you could discuss a recent project that made use of categories, allowing you to reference a specific example.
- He’s a generalist with strong communication and business skills who speaks the language of customers as well as techies.
A general question allows you to discuss your qualifications for the position without answering a specific question. An interviewer will ask you this question to learn about the challenges you have encountered in your previous jobs and how you overcame them. When preparing for an interview, you should research the company and the type of application they develop. This will allow you to respond to these types of questions in the context of the work that the organization is interviewing you for.
Describe your process for debugging an app that isn’t working correctly.
If agile doesn’t come up in a mobile developer’s response, it could be a bad sign. When interviewing mobile developers the successful candidate will have an impressive portfolio of previous work and excellent interpersonal skills. Be wary of candidates with no prior experience and poor communication skills. The emulator lets developers “play” around an interface that acts as if it were an actual mobile device.
- This question is a great way to show your interviewer that you have the skills and experience necessary for this role.
- So you’ll be looking forward to those meetings for all the right reasons, instead of the wrong ones.
- This can help an organization keep up with the latest technology trends, reach new customers, and improve communication and productivity.
- You can answer this question by naming frameworks or libraries that you have used in the past, and explain why they are beneficial for mobile app development.
- This question is an opportunity to show your interviewer that you have the experience and skills necessary for this role.
Despite that, the developer should try to keep the app as small as possible. Having to download 500 MB to use a small app like a calculator will discourage users from trying the app in the first place. For some devices, it’s also possible to extend this using SD cards. Although we have more and more memory in our phones, taking care of good memory management is still necessary. The OS will kill apps that use too much memory, so a developer must care about memory leaks and optimize long-running operations.
What are some specific advantages and disadvantages of both Android and iOS?
Each device has a scale factor of how many pixels corresponds to one point . That means that when an iOS developer says that an image is 80 pt x 80 pt, the real size in pixels will be 80×80 on some very old devices (e.g., the iPhone 3G), 160×160 on the iPhone 6, and 240×240 on the iPhone X. Apple requires a developer account connected with the Apple Developer Program to publish apps here.
What are 5 reasons why you should hire a mobile app developer?
- Create an App Within Your Budget.
- Keep Developmental Hiccups from Turning into a Disaster.
- Make it Easy to Make Updates or Bring Other Developers Onboard.
- See If They Have Created Something Similar to Your App.
- Read reviews.
- Access their communication skills.
State the situation, describe the task you were trying to achieve, discuss the actions you took, and then talk about the results. Whenever I go for interview, i googled top ios interview question. Inspired by edureka.co articles, I have started my own blog of ios interview questions and answers for ios developer. This question is an opportunity to show your interviewer that you have the experience and skills necessary for this role. Use examples from your previous work history to highlight your expertise in developing native mobile applications.
TextView Justification in Android
This is intended to store small amounts of data, like user preferences or settings. Get free resources to help create great software and manage high-performing teams. Since we remove the hassle of recruitment from your plate, you can focus on your business’s core processes. You can build your how to become a mobile developer team quickly and affordably based on your business requirements. Share your best soft skills, why they’ve been valuable in your past development projects, and the value they bring to this project. Features and functionalities are the main drivers of the mobile app’s operation and success.
- Use your answer to highlight some of the most important skills for a mobile app developer and explain why they are so important.
- Use examples from previous work to show that you’re a creative person who’s willing to try new things.
- You can determine this by researching the employer’s current applications or conversing with their current or former application developers.
- This externalized state can be later restored without violating encapsulation and maintaining the privacy of data.